30 April 2012

Fashion Customising

As part of my course at the London College of Style I have just completed the task of clothing customisation as part of my assignment. I had to select two items of clothing to customise in any way I chose, I opted for a plain tank and a pair of shoes (both so ugly I would never photograph them for my blog). My inspiration was Paco Rabanne, Marni, Prada (for their over sized jewels, sequins and details) and Louis Vuitton for it's use of feathers in the Spring Summer 2012 collection. I set about the painstaking task (I must have been crazy) of cutting out four hundred 6cm diameter leather discs to sew onto the top, I then finished this off with a ostrich feather trim on the neckline.

The shoes were trimmed with self adhesive crystals on the cross bar and the underside of the sole to give a flash of sparkle, I then trimmed the ankle cuff with black ostrich feathers....overall I think it was pretty successful...oh, and I got an A grade so I was pretty happy that the hard work paid off.

Top Mood Board

Shoe Mood Board


Images: Styleesa

No comments:

Post a Comment